Canyonside Christian School provides each student the opportunity to study and to develop his or her mind, body and spirit in a wholesome, Christian environment. It shall strive to provide the best education possible in preparation for high levels of education and to contribute to the establishment of Christian values for a happy and creative life, while working in the Lords kingdom. Being non-discriminatory and Christian in nature, the school shall be directed toward instruction concerning God’s will for each person and shall teach that all truth is of divine origin. Knowledge to choose between good and evil, based upon God’s Holy Word, shall be imparted to each child.
The purpose of this Christian school shall be to provide a creative, loving academic environment for students to grow socially, emotionally, physically, academically, and spiritually through individual and group learning experiences under the guidance and nurture of carefully chosen Christian teachers, administrators, and under Lordship of Jesus Christ.
It shall be the purpose of Canyonside Christian School to encourage all students to grow in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and to emphasize the value of the eternal soul, the worth of the individual, the love of God for man, and the kinship of all people as taught in the Holy Scriptures, while providing students with the opportunity for achieving academic excellence.
Our desire is that Canyonside Christian School be a non-denominational school providing a Christian environment for learning. In all aspects, all that is said or done will be to the glory of God. Doctrinal questions shall be referred to the student’s parents or their church leaders.
CCS Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. (II Timothy 3:15, II Peter 1:21)
- We believe there is one God eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30)
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, Hebrews 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection (John 11:25, I Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelations 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved. (John 3:16-19, John 5:24, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrections of life and they that are lost into the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:9, I Corinthians 12:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life. (Romans 8:13-14, I Corinthians 3:16, I Corinthians 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30, 5:18)
Canyonside Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.